Last time, I talked all about pros and cons for having a microwedding. Remember, microweddings typically have less than 50 guests and have become really popular during Covid! This week, here's some things to consider to make your wedding as Covid friendly and memorable.
Ways to make your microwedding as Covid friendly as possible include:
- Always, always stay up-to-date on state/local guidelines. Things changes so quickly!
- Make sure you have a way to keep your guests update, like with your wedding website or email (hey, remember that one Tip Tuesday, I talked all about wedding email addresses).
- Have pre-plated food (avoid buffets) and single-serve foods and drinks - like cupcakes and canned/bottled drinks.
- Get creative with your seating - try a round wedding (having chairs surrounding couple in a circle, rather than tight rows) or having square reception tables.
- Having a hard time limiting your guest list? Don't invite plus ones!
And here are some ways to make your wedding unique and memorable:
- Consider having a destination wedding (domestic, of course, #covidtimes).
- Have your officiant be someone who knows you guys!
- Add personal touches (like a special song, or unity ceremony) and share personal vows.
- Keep the traditions that are important to you!
- Try out alternate entertainment (like giant Jenga competitions or karaoke)!