When you're planning your wedding and coming up with your day-of schedule, you may consider doing a first look! A first look is when the couple sees each other before the ceremony. Obviously, there are several reasons couples choose to do a first look, these include:
- You get most of your portraits taken together earlier in the day, which means your make-up and hair looks fresh.
- Couples who don't do a first look usually take their portraits together between the ceremony and reception. By doing a first look and portraits before the ceremony, you have more time to spend with guests.
- You get to spend some quiet time with your soon-to-be spouse.
- Doing a first look can help shake off any pre-ceremony nerves.
- There's less stress if your ceremony runs late (because you already got your portraits taken beforehand).
There's no right or wrong choice when deciding about a first look. If you're curious about the reasons a couple may choose not to do a first look, check out my other Tip Tuesday on the subject!